Three Men On a Boat

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

my zimbabwe's heroes acre shame

So we always make fun of the ignorance of Americans about their own country but I had a horrible moment recently.

When the local broadcaster Zimbabwe TV was showing the heroes of the struggle for independence from colonial rule I recognised so few of the names I felt a terrible sense of shame.

I could identify British and American people but my own heroes, people who laid their lives so that i could get a chance at liberty and all that other stuff were strangers.

I am not gonna do the easy thing and blame the system cause I should be showing my appreciation for these sacrifices myself. It's disturbing,and I wont make any excuses for it

Labels:

posted by 3Men On a Boat at 2:17 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home